27.5"/650B Front Wheel - Lite MK2 + Shogun Boost
The Lite MK2 version is designed for the same application as the Duty MK1 (First Gen), but in a lighter platform. They must be used with tire inserts if you are running low tire pressures while: jumping, catching air, drops, and aggressive riding - They are about 60g lighter than the Duty MK2's per wheel.
Following the footsteps of the Duty MK2, the Lite MK2 features hookless sidewalls that have a greater overall thickness to traditional alloy rims of the same application. The weight savings due to its overall thinner gauge construction means that we recommend running thicker tire casting, and the gradual tire shelf profile makes it perfect to fit and support tire dampening inserts. Tire swaps with inserts are much easier as well.
Hand laced in-house with proprietary techniques to ensure no truing or re-tensioning necessary. The Lite rides stiffer compared to other wheels out there. This attribute is contributed by the spoke lacing pattern, our Yield-Point wheelbuild, and accurate end-tension.
Tubeless ready, the rim is 29mm internally wide, and supports tires of 2.25~2.6 inch optimally, but you can go with +Plus tires up to 2.8 Inches without folding tires in corners.
The combination of this rim and recommended tire width provide optimal grip and predictability, allowing less tire sidewall drag, more volume for a more comfortable ride, and wider ground contact patch for increased traction.
The Lite Wheelset features
- Hand laced, yielded-stress-relieved in Metro Vancouver, Canada.
- TAIRIN premium alloy 33mm externally wide (29mm internal) rims.
- Tubeless compatible with rim bed lock design.
- The Shōgun/Zen Boost front hub.
- TORQUE CAPS (For RockShox) available for front hubs 15x110mm and 15x100mm please add them to your order following this link here.
- Various combinations of Sapim spokes and nipples to tailor to your riding demand.
(For more information about our TAIRIN rims and hub sets, please check product technicals)
This wheelset comes with a set of options for spoke and nipple combinations:
- Race / Brass - For optimal balance of strength, durability, and weight, we offer the wheelset with Sapim Race 2.0-1.8-2.0mm double butted spokes. Paired with the Sapim Poylax brass nipples. Butted spokes are more elastic in its thin section, which migrate stresses on its ends better than straight spokes.
- CX-Ray / Brass - or light and weight conscious riders. Best performance in weight-to-strength ratio. This combination is the lightest but still provides a very solid platform for all terrain riding. The CX-Ray spoke is flat-bladed, well known for its flexibility to migrate stresses from its ends, and its aerodynamic. This combination is 52g lighter per wheel, 104g lighter as a whole set.
Nipples - Sapim Poylax
Brass is back as the default option due to popular demand! No fuss brass to end all worries related to corrosion from selant and road salt. With a modern profile, Sapim's Polyax shaped nipples are the perfect choice for high end builds. Alloy Polyax nipples are available upon request (we had no problems with Sapim's 7075-T6 alloy nipples, but brass is 100% guarantee trouble free; and folks say its worth the smallest weight gain) All nipples come in black.
We tested 28 spoke wheels and came to conclusion that the weight savings are very minimal compared to the significant loss of durability and overall support by having 4 less spokes compared to the traiditional 32 count. Therefore all of our MTB wheelsets come with standard 32 spoke count per wheel.
Brake Fitting options
All wheelsets come with standard 6-bolt brake mount. We are sticking to this ISO standard so that we can offer conversion kits to futureproof any of the hubs across all axle spacing standards.
Select between standard and premium decals. Click here to view the current color availability chart, and dont forget to fill in your choice in the last comment box. If you choose premium decals, make sure you select the premium option in the drop down menu. Standard decals have no extra cost.
Hand laced wheels
Our wheels are hand laced in Surrey, BC. We use multiple traditional methods of spoke yielding-stress-relieving and tension balancing, so that when you receive your wheel, you can rest assured that there is no seat in periods, or spokes losing tension in initial rides - these which would require re-tensioning like machine and poorly built wheels.
Premium hand built wheels requiere dedication and take much longer than machine built, but the accuracy and attention to detail produced by the traditional way is one of the key aspects that makes Tairin wheels superior. By choosing Tairin Wheels, rest assured that every wheel has been hand crafted by a master wheel builder, so you get the best quality and labour, at the best deal out there.
Any questions and inquiry can be addressed by contacting us.
Wheel Size 27.5" Tire recommendation 2.25"~3.0" Tubeless or Tube External Rim Width 33mm Internal Rim Width 29mm Rim Depth 19mm Hubs Shōgun Boost Front Bearings Sealed Cartridge Spokes Sapim Race or CX-Ray (Black) Spoke Nipples Sapim Brass (Black) Spoke Count 32h Base Weight 1800g/set 27.5" Recommended Use Aggressive XC, Enduro, All Mountain Hub Warranty 3 Years Rim Warranty 3 Years Rim Crash Replacement 5 Years