Front GRL+ Alloy XC/Adventure Wheel (32mm internal width)
The GRL+ is our take for wheels suited towards new school adventure bikes. Designed around the versatility and comfort of plus sized tires, we see these wheels on out of bounds full squishes to rigid 3.0” tire bikes. Strong enough to carry the extra load of panniers with travel essentials for your expedition, yet light enough to keep the weight at bay.
Options available for 29”/700c and 650B/27.5” which is perfect for converting your 29” bike to a 27.5”+ adventure ride.
Hand laced in-house with proprietary techniques to ensure no truing or re-tensioning necessary. The GRL+ rides stiffer compared to other wheels out there. This attribute is contributed by the spoke lacing pattern, our Yield-Point wheelbuild, and accurate end-tension.
Tubeless ready, the rim is 32mm internally wide, and supports tires of 2.25~3.2 inches optimally.
The combination of this rim and recommended tire width provide optimal grip and predictability, allowing less tire sidewall drag, more volume for a more comfortable ride, and wider ground contact patch for increased traction.
The GRL+ Wheelset features
- Hand laced, yielded-stress-relieved in Metro Vancouver, Canada.
- TAIRIN premium alloy 6066-T4 32mm internally wide rims front / back.
- Tubeless compatible with rim bed lock design.
- The Shōgun and Shōgun Boost hub sets. You can mix and match front and rear sizes.(15x100 | 15x110 mm front axle with 12x142 | 12x148 mm rear axle)
- TORQUE CAPS (For RockShox) available for front hubs 15x110mm and 15x100mm please add them to your order following this link here.
- Various combinations of Sapim spokes and nipples to tailor to your riding demand.
(For more information about our TAIRIN rims and hub sets, please check product technicals)
This wheelset comes with a set of options for spoke and nipple combinations:
- Race / Brass - For optimal balance of strength, durability, and weight, we offer the wheelset with Sapim Race 2.0-1.8-2.0mm double butted spokes. Paired with the Sapim Poylax brass nipples. Butted spokes are more elastic in its thin section, which migrate stresses on its ends better than straight spokes.
- CX-Ray / Brass - For light and weight conscious riders. Best performance in weight-to-strength ratio. This combination is the lightest but still provides a very solid platform for all terrain riding. The CX-Ray spoke is flat-bladed, well known for its flexibility to migrate stresses from its ends, and its aerodynamic. This combination is 52g lighter per wheel, 104g lighter as a whole set.
Nipples - Sapim Poylax
Brass is back as the default option due to popular demand! No fuss brass to end all worries related to corrosion from selant and road salt. With a modern profile, Sapim's Polyax shaped nipples are the perfect choice for high end builds. Alloy Polyax nipples are available upon request (we had no problems with Sapim's 7075-T6 alloy nipples, but brass is 100% guarantee trouble free; and folks say its worth the smallest weight gain) All nipples come in black.
We tested 28 spoke wheels and came to conclusion that the weight savings are very minimal compared to the significant loss of durability and overall support by having 4 less spokes compared to the traiditional 32 count. Therefore all of our MTB wheelsets come with standard 32 spoke count per wheel.
Brake Fitting options
All wheelsets come with standard 6-bolt brake mount. We are sticking to this ISO standard so that we can offer conversion kits to futureproof any of the hubs across all axle spacing standards.
Select between standard and premium decals. Click here to view the current color availability chart, and dont forget to fill in your choice in the last comment box. If you choose premium decals, make sure you select the premium option in the drop down menu. Standard decals have no extra cost.
Hand laced wheels
Our wheels are hand laced in Surrey, BC. and we use multiple traditional methods of spoke yielding-stress-relieving, so that when you receive your wheel, you can rest assured that there is no seat in periods, or spokes losing tension in initial rides - these which would require re-tensioning like machine and poorly built wheels.
Premium hand built wheels requiere dedication and take much longer than machine built, but the accuracy and attention to detail produced by the traditional way is one of the key aspects that makes Tairin wheels superior. By choosing Tairin Wheels, rest assured that every wheel has been hand crafted by a master wheel builder, so you get the best quality and labour, at the best deal out there.
Any questions and inquiry can be addressed by contacting us.
Wheel Size 27.5" or 29" Tire recommendation 2.3"~3.2" Tubeless or Tube External Rim Width 35mm Internal Rim Width 32mm Rim Depth 18mm Hubs Tairin Shōgun or Shōgun Boost Bearings Sealed Cartridge Engagement 96 Point, 6-Pawl, 3 Steps/Pawl Spokes Sapim Race or CX-Ray (Black) Spoke Nipples Sapim Brass (Black) Spoke Count 32h Base Weight 1800g/set 27.5" | 1860g/set 29" Recommended Use Adventure, XC, All Mountain Hub Warranty 3 Years Rim Warranty 3 Years Rim Crash Replacement 5 Years