29" Tairin Lite Alloy Mountain Wheels
The Lite version is designed for the same application and strength as the Duty, but in a lighter platform. The only drawback is that its rated for minimum 28psi rear, 23psi front - The pro's is that its 50g lighter per wheel and it takes the same abuse.
Hand laced in-house with proprietary techniques to ensure no truing or re-tensioning necessary. The Lite rides stiffer compared to other wheels out there, often compared to the stiffness of carbon wheelsets. This attribute is contributed by the spoke lacing pattern, spoke stressing technique, and accurate end-tension, balance and stability methods.
Tubeless ready, the rim is 30mm internally wide, and supports tires of 2.25~2.6 inch optimally, but you can go with +Plus tires up to 3.0 Inches without folding tires in corners.
The combination of this rim and recommended tire width provide optimal grip and predictability, allowing less tire sidewall drag, more volume for a more comfortable ride, and wider ground contact patch for increased traction.
The Lite Wheelset features
- Hand laced, yielded-stress-relieved in Metro Vancouver, Canada.
- TAIRIN premium alloy 35mm wide rims front / back.
- Tubeless compatible with rim bed lock design.
- The Shōgun and Shōgun Boost hub sets. You can mix and match front and rear sizes.(15x100 | 15x110 mm front axle with 12x142 | 12x148 mm rear axle)
- TORQUE CAPS (For RockShox) available for front hubs 15x110mm and 15x100mm please add them to your order following this link here.
- Various combinations of Sapim spokes and nipples to tailor to your riding demand.
(For more information about our TAIRIN rims and hub sets, please check product technicals)
This wheelset comes with a set of options for spoke and nipple combinations:
- Race / Alloy - For aggressive riders, we offer the wheelset with Sapim Race double butted spokes. Paired with the Sapim Poylax alloy nipples. The Sapim Race comes standard on the A35 Wheelset.
- CX-Ray / Alloy - For light and weight conscious riders. Best performance in weight-to-strength ratio. This combination is the lightest but still provides a very solid platform for all terrain riding. The CX-Ray spoke is flat-bladed, well known for its flexibility and stiffness. This combination is 52g lighter per wheel, 104g lighter as a whole set.
Nipples - Sapim Poylax
In the past, aluminum nipples had only one positive argument, the weight. All other features like corrosion resistance, friction, stiffness were specific to brass nipples. This changed in the last years drastically. All Sapim aluminum nipples are now anodized. Salt spray tests showed better results than brass nickel plated nipples. Sapim has been able to reduce friction with a special coating. Using 7075 alloy with additional strength added by the heat treatment T6, alloy nipples are now stronger than brass. We still offer the option of Brass nipples for those unconvinced.
We tested 28 spoke wheels and came to conclusion that the weight savings are very minimal compared to the significant strength loss of having 4 less spoke counts between 28 to 32 spoke wheels. Therefore all of our MTB carbon wheelsets come with standard 32 spoke count per wheel.
Select your drivetrain specific freehub for this wheelset. Options are for Shimano 10/11s (compatible with Sram 10s) freehub and Sram XD/XX1 freehub. Planning to change drivetains in the future? No problem. Freehubs are interchangeable and can be swapped as quickly as snap off / snap on. We also sell freehubs individually.
Brake Fitting options
All wheelsets come with standard 6-bolt brake mount. If you desire Centerlock, please contact us first to check availability.
Hand laced wheels
Our wheels are hand laced in Surrey, BC. and we use multiple traditional methods of spoke yielding-stress-relieving, so that when you receive your wheel, you can rest assured that there is no seat in periods, or spokes losing tension in initial rides - these which would require re-tensioning like machine and poorly built wheels.
Premium hand built wheels requiere dedication and takes much longer than machine built, but the accuracy and attention to detail produced by the traditional way is one of the key aspects that makes Tairin wheels superior. By choosing Tairin Wheels, rest assured that every wheel has been hand crafted by a master wheel builder, so you get the best quality and labour, at the best deal out there.
Any questions and inquiry can be addressed by contacting us.
Wheel Size 29" Tire recommendation 2.25"~2.6" Tubeless or Tube External Rim Width 34.5mm Internal Rim Width 30mm Rim Depth 18mm Hubs Tairin Shōgun or Shōgun Boost Bearings Sealed Cartridge Engagement 96 Point, 6-Pawl, 3 Steps/Pawl Spokes Sapim Race or CX-Ray (Black) Spoke Nipples Sapim Alloy or Brass (Black) Spoke Count 32h/32h Base Weight 1870g/set Recommended Use Aggressive XC, Enduro, All Mountain Hub Warranty 3 Years Rim Warranty 3 Years Rim Crash Replacement 5 Years