Shogun Boost Rear Hub
The Shōgun Boost rear hub is set to push all standards with its high spec and price range. Boost hubs are wider between flanges, allowing better spoke bracing angles that makes stronger wheels.
The Shōgun can be built for wheels from Cross Country, All Mountain, Enduro, Dirt Jump, Trials, and most disciplines in between, so long as the axle is compatible to your frame.
Designed with strength and durability as the key characteristics, the Shogun engagement mechanism consists of 6 pawls that engage all simultaneously to make sure there is no slippage, as opposed to most pawl-alternating systems out there. This while still archiving 3.75 degree engagement.
The Shogun features 3 lip seals. On the ratchet, and on each end of the axle to prevent contaminants that wear down bearings prematurely.
Hub dimensions for spoke length calculator here
- 6 Pawl Ratchet with 96 tooth engagement (3.75 degrees)
- 6 pawl constant engagement with 3 steps per pawl (not alternating 3 to 3 pawls)
- Sealed Cartridge Bearings
- Machined from hardened 7075-T6 cold forged aluminum
- Slide-on axle caps allow quick tool-less service disassembly of hub
- International Standard 6-Bolt disc version and Centerlock version available
- Large contoured convex flanges let spokes sit flush to bracing angles.
- New standard on performance and reliability
- Weight from 320g
Model Shogun Boost Rear Axle Dim. 12x148mm Axle Material AL7075-T6 Flange PCD Left: 58mm | Right: 64mm Sealed Cartridge
4pcs Weight 340g Freehub Body
AL7075 - 6 pawls, 6 springs,
3 steps per spring,
compatible with Shimano 10/11s or Sram XD/XX1 Cassette
Engagement Points 96 POE Engagement Degree 3.75 Degrees Color Black Spoke 32h only - J-Bend spokes