Shogun Rear Standard Hub
The Shōgun rear hub is set to push all standards with its high spec and price range. Convertible between most axle standards, we have 2 base models:
- Standard Shogun that can be converted between: 12x142mm, 10x135mm and boosted with a kit to 12x148mm
- Boost Shogun (native at 12x148mm) that can be Superboosted to 12x157mm with SB kit here
This is the standard axle spacing model
Designed with strength and durability as the key characteristics, the Shogun engagement mechanism consists of 6 pawls that rotate to lock in place like sprags, and engage all pawls simultaneously to make sure there is no slippage, featuring 96 points of engagement for a fast 3.75 degree engagement.
The Shogun features 3 lip seals. On the ratchet, and on each end of the axle to prevent contaminants that wear down bearings prematurely.
It can be built for wheels from Cross Country, All Mountain, Enduro, DH, Dirt Jump, Trials, and most disciplines in between, so long as the axle is compatible to your frame.
Hub dimensions for spoke length calculator here
- 6 Pawl Ratchet with 96 tooth engagement (3.75 degrees)
- 6 pawl constant engagement with 3 steps per pawl (not alternating 3 to 3 pawls)
- Sealed Cartridge Bearings
- Machined from 6061-T6 cold forged aluminum
- Slide-on axle caps allow quick tool-less service disassembly of hub
- International Standard 6-Bolt disc version and Centerlock version available
- Large contoured convex flanges let spokes sit flush to bracing angles.
- Weight from 305g (standard) and 320 (boost series)
Model Shogun Boost Rear Axle Dim.
Boost 12x148 or kit superboost 12x157
Non boost 12x142 / 10x135
Axle Material Steel Flange PCD Left: 58mm | Right: 64mm Sealed Cartridge
4pcs Weight Standard 305g / Boost 340g Freehub Body
AL7075 - 6 pawls, 6 springs,
3 steps per pawl,
compatible with Shimano HG (traditional)
Sram XD and Shimano Microspline
Engagement Points 96 POE Engagement Degree 3.75 Degrees Color Black Spoke 32h only - J-Bend spokes