Tairin R1 Rear Single Speed Hub
**Released Jan 25, 2023. Tech documents and service guides coming very soon**
This is the new Tairin hub, with the modular Mag-Ratcheting R1 drive configuration. Featuring ring gears that are magnetically attracted, with no springs to fatigue and lose tension over time, and only one moving part. Virtually almost service free.
The Tairin hub can swap between the R1 and S1 drives without tools (the Silent S1 drive kit is not included and can be purchased separately).
Convertible between most axle standards, we have 4 platform models:
-Standard: that can be converted between: 12x142mm, 10x135mm, 12x135mm (on request) and boosted with a kit to 12x148mm
-Boost: (native at 12x148mm) that can run 10x141QR and can be Superboosted to 12x157mm with our unique SB kit here
-Super Boost: (natie at 12x157mm) which can convert to 10x150mm, 12x150mm (on request)
-Single Speed Specfic: 10x135mm, 12x142mm, 12x135mm (on request) which features a short freehub for chainline adjustment and a non-dished symmetrical & centered wheel build.
This is the Single Speed platform model.
Designed with strength as the top priority, the Tairin hub's R1 and S1 drive modes both feature ring gears that apply all their teeth disposed around the ring during torque transmission. The full meshing of teeth around the rings allows maximum surface contact, for the highest torque transfer-to-mechanism weight ratio.
Because of the abundance of technological benefits with the Tairin R1 (and S1) hub, we have a dedicated page that goes in detail on all of the characteristics. Please check it out in the product technical section here.
This hub has no torque/weight rating. And suits all bicycle disciplines.
Hub dimensions for spoke length calculator here
- Magnetic drive does not rely on any springs that can fatigue and lose tension over time, and has only one moving part.
- Virtually no maintenance needed
- Magnets used to attract the ring gears together have the highest magnetic force when rings are engaged, and the least when ratcheting, opposite to repelling springs.
- Snap on end-caps allow tool-less removal of freehub.
- Bearing preload adjustment in the form of washers: set once and forget.
- Sealed Cartridge Bearings, with a large standard bearing connecting the freehub to the hubshell that addresses any flex between both, making the drivetrain feel stiff and predictable.
- Self-contained and small drive modules removable without tools, allowing the option to carry a spare drive kit for precaution on multi-day excursions or trips away from home.
- Swappable on the fly between Ratcheting (R1) and Silent (S1) modes on the same hub and freehub.
Model Tairin (R1 mode) Single Speed Rear Axle Dim. (mm) 12x142, 10x135 Sealed Cartridge
5pcs Weight 345g Freehub Body
AL7075 – Short HG drive allows
Clutch Type Ratcheting Magnetic Ring Gear R1 Engagement Degree 10 Degrees Color Black Spoke 32h - J-Bend spokes