About the Silent Hub - Now Dual Drive Modular
Introducing the new modular Tairin hub with two interchangeable drive mechanisms. The Golden mode features a silent face gear drive. The Silver mode features a magnetic face gear ratcheting drive, with two modes: a quiet ratcheting mode and a loud ratcheting mode with a flip of a token.
- Both mechanisms are interchangeable without tools.
- Both mechanisms can be serviced trail side, without tools, and are designed so that nothing will fall out and be lost during the process.
- A spare drive of either mechanism can be purchased as a backup. This is great when heading out on multi-day excursions or trips away from home. Although the mechanisms are engineered to ensure trouble free use with minimal service, and are designed with a minimal number of parts, the modular concept allows the rider to be prepared for the unexpected.
- The mechanism interface to the hubshell is designed to be 4x more durable than the industry standard, far surpassing even the durability requirements for the new generation of e-bikes.
- Both mechanisms were engineered and designed with a focus on durable performance and simplicity, while using a minimal number of parts.
- Both mechanisms are patent pending globally.
Assembled and partially manufactured in Canada
Proudly assembled in British Columbia, with internal components further manufactured in-house, to bring you quick accessibility for parts and close quality control
- The weight for either Golden or Silver modes is 360g
- The hub will come on the following native specs:
.12x148mm Boost 32 and 28 holes
.12x142mm 32 and 28 holes
.10x135mm 32 and 28 holes with the E-Thru system
.10x141mm Boost 32 and 28 holes (for open dropout) with the E-Thru system
.12x157mm Superboost 32 and 28 holes
.Single Speed 10x135mm 32 and 28 holes with a short HG drive and the E-Thru
- And the freehub choices of Traditional Shimano HG, Shimano Microspline, and Sram XD Drive
- As with all our hubs, the Booster (142->148) and Superbooster (148->157) adaptive kits can be applied to this hub
Finally Coming 2022