top of page
About the Silent Hub
The Tairin S1/R1 has been released Jan 25, 2023! but the technical documents, service guides, and technical information in this page are not ready yet. We expect to have them uploaded soon!
Introducing the new modular Tairin hub with two interchangeable drive mechanisms. The S1 mode features a silent face gear drive. The R1 mode features a magnetic face gear ratcheting drive.
- Both mechanisms are interchangeable without tools.
- Both mechanisms can be serviced trail side, without tools, and are designed so that nothing will fall out and be lost during the process.
- A spare drive of either mechanism can be purchased as a backup. This is great when heading out on multi-day excursions or trips away from home. Although the mechanisms are engineered to ensure trouble free use with minimal service, and are designed with a minimal number of parts, the modular concept allows the rider to be prepared for the unexpected.
- The mechanism interface to the hubshell is designed to be 4x more durable than the industry standard, far surpassing even the durability requirements for the new generation of e-bikes.
- Both mechanisms were engineered and designed with a focus on durable performance and simplicity, while using a minimal number of parts.
- Both mechanisms are patent pending globally.
Assembled and partially manufactured in Canada
Proudly assembled in British Columbia, with internal components further manufactured in-house, to bring you quick accessibility for parts and close quality control
- The weight for either S1 or R1 configuration is 360g
- The hub will come on the following native specs:
.12x148mm Boost 32 and 28 holes
.12x142mm 32 and 28 holes
.10x135mm 32 and 28 holes with the E-Thru system
.10x141mm Boost 32 and 28 holes (for open dropout) with the E-Thru system
.12x157mm Superboost 32 and 28 holes
.Single Speed 12x142/10x135mm 32 holes with a short HG drive and the E-Thru
- And the freehub choices of Traditional Shimano HG, Shimano Microspline, and Sram XD Drive
- As with all our hubs, the Booster (142->148) and Superbooster (148->157) adaptive kits can be applied to this hub
Released Jan 25th, 2023
bottom of page