Front Road/Gravel/Adventure/CX Disc GRS Wheel (20mm internal width)
The GRS is the most versatile 700C wheelset for your Gravel, CX, Adventure, and Road disc applications. With a modern U-shaped aero and lightweight alloy rim profile, its designed to be tubeless ready with your choice of tire widths of 23c up to 40cm in both 700c and 29er mtb tires. The GRS is laced with the Shogun hubs, offering high engagement and low maintenance for pure performance and no compromise.
Hand laced in-house with proprietary techniques to ensure no truing or re-tensioning necessary.
The GRS wheels features
- Hand laced, yielded-stress-relieved in Metro Vancouver, Canada.
- TAIRIN premium 6069-T6 aged alloy 20mm internally wide rims front / back.
- Modern rim profile Tubeless compatible with bed lock design + Tire channel for ease of setup.
- The Shōgun hub set. You can mix and match front and rear sizes.(15x100 | 12x100 | 9x100 (thru-axle QR) front axle with 12x142 | 10x135(thru-axle QR) mm rear axle)
Thru-Axle QR is compatible with standard quick release vertical dropouts.
- TORQUE CAPS (For RockShox) available for front hubs 15x110mm and 15x100mm please add them to your order following this link here.
- Various combinations of Sapim spokes and nipples to tailor to your riding demand.
(For more information about our TAIRIN rims and hub sets, please check product technicals)
This wheelset comes with a set of options for spoke and nipple combinations:
- D-light/ Alloy - For optimal balance of strength, durability, and weight, we offer the wheelset with Sapim D-light 2.0-1.6-2.0mm double butted spokes. Paired with the Sapim Poylax alloy nipples. Butted spokes are more elastic in its thin section, which migrate stresses on its ends better than straight spokes.
- CX-Ray / Alloy - For light and weight conscious riders. Best performance in weight-to-strength ratio. This combination is the lightest but still provides a very solid platform for all terrain riding. The CX-Ray spoke is flat-bladed, well known for its flexibility to migrate stresses from its ends, and its aerodynamic. This combination is 52g lighter per wheel, 104g lighter as a whole set.
Nipples - Sapim Poylax
The new school of alloy nipples by Sapim are superior in durability and strength than traditional brass nipples. We find these modern alloy nipples excellent against corrosion, and less prone to deformation. Not all alloy nipples are made the same, and in this case, we concluded that the modern 7075 alloy Poylax is a much better option, but we still offer brass nipples for those unconvinced; just let us know. All nipples come in black.
Brake Fitting options
All wheelsets come with standard 6-bolt brake mount. We are sticking to this ISO standard so that we can offer conversion kits to futureproof any of the hubs across all axle spacing standards.
Select between standard and premium decals. Click here to view the current color availability chart, and dont forget to fill in your choice in the last comment box. If you choose premium decals, make sure you select the premium option in the drop down menu. Standard decals have no extra cost.
Hand laced wheels
Our wheels are hand laced in Surrey, BC. and we use multiple traditional methods of spoke yielding-stress-relieving, so that when you receive your wheel, you can rest assured that there is no seat in periods, or spokes losing tension in initial rides - these which would require re-tensioning like machine and poorly built wheels.
Premium hand built wheels requiere dedication and take much longer than machine built, but the accuracy and attention to detail produced by the traditional way is one of the key aspects that makes Tairin wheels superior. By choosing Tairin Wheels, rest assured that every wheel has been hand crafted by a master wheel builder, so you get the best quality and labour, at the best deal out there.
Any questions and inquiry can be addressed by contacting us.
Wheel Size 700c Tire recommendation
23c~40c - And for 29" tires up to 1.6"
Tubeless tires, max 100 PSI
External Rim Width 25mm Internal Rim Width 20mm Rim Depth 30mm Hubs Tairin Shōgun Bearings Sealed Cartridge Engagement 96 Point, 6-Pawl, 3 Steps/Pawl Spokes Sapim D-light or CX-Ray (Black) Spoke Nipples Sapim Alloy (Black) Spoke Count 24h Base Weight 1630g/set Recommended Use Gravel, Road, Adventure, Cyclocross, Cross Country. Hub Warranty 3 Years Rim Warranty 3 Years Rim Crash Replacement 5 Years